- Casa Kalu is the entity responsible for the collection and processing of personal data and may, within the scope of its activity, use entities subcontracted by itself, for the purposes indicated herein.
- Personal data is any information, of any nature and regardless of their support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Any person who can be identified directly or indirectly, namely by reference or by identification number or one or more specific elements of his/her physical, physiological, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity, shall be considered identifiable.
- Casa Kalu collects and processes the following personal data, among others:
- Reservations: name, email address, telephone number, address, payment method and booking details;
- Recruitment: name, e-mail address and resume
- When browsing the website, Casa Kalu may collect information about the computer, including the IP address, operating system, and browser used for administrative purposes and aggregation of information for our advertisers.
- Casa Kalu assumes that the data has been supplied by the holder of the data or that it has given authorization to do so and presumes that it is true and up to date.
- Personal data can be collected by following means:
(c) Phone calls;
(d) In person.
- The data collected are processed and stored in a computerized way and in strict compliance with the legislation on the protection of personal data being stored in a specific database, created for this purpose, by Casa Kalu or the entities contracted by it.
- Some personal data collected from website are mandatory and, in case of lack or insufficiency of these data, Casa Kalu may not be able to provide you with the services or information requested. In each specific case, Casa Kalu will inform you of the mandatory nature of the provision of personal data in question.
- According to the principles of data protection, Casa Kalu may only process your personal data for specific purposes and if it has a legal basis for doing so. Casa Kalu uses your data for the following purposes and based on the following grounds:
- Based on the B&B/holiday home services agreement you entered into with us, we treat your data for the purposes of:
a) Reservation’s and stay’s management
b) Budget requests, information about and confirmations of reservations
c) Preferences registration (room preferred, mobility, food etc.)
d) Billing and verifications of payment means
e) Provision of information necessary for your stay in the Guesthouse
f) Customer Support
In compliance with legal obligations, we treat your data for the purposes of:
g) Complaints management
h) Compliance with other legal or regulatory obligations.
- The data collected and held by Casa Kalu may be transmitted, with respect for the duty of confidentiality and the principle of the purpose that led to its collection, for the following entities:
a) Judicial or administrative authorities, in cases where such assignment is mandatory;
b) Recruitment and selection companies;
c) Subcontractors who will process the data on behalf of Casa Kalu and according to the purposes determined by it.
- Under the terms of the Personal Data Protection Act, we guarantee you the right to access, update, rectify, delete, portability and erase your personal data. You may also submit complaints to the National Authority (CNPD).
- The exercise of these rights shall be carried out through the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The time during which the data are stored varies according to the purpose for which the information is processed. Where there is no specific legal requirement, data shall be stored and retained only for the minimum period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or later processed, after this time the data will be deleted.
- Casa Kalu is committed to ensure the protection of the security of your data. For this, we adopted various technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the personal data that it makes available to us against its unauthorized use, loss, misuse, alteration, treatment or access, as well as against any other form of illicit treatment.
- Notwithstanding the security measures practiced by Casa Kalu, the user must take additional security measures, such as ensuring that he uses properly configured security-related equipment and Browser with active firewall, anti-virus and antispyware, and make sure of the authenticity of the websites you visit on the internet and avoid websites whose reputation you do not trust.
- Casa Kalu may also transmit data to third parties in the context of investigations, inquiries and judicial and / or administrative proceedings or of a similar nature, provided that it is duly ordered by judicial order accordingly.
- In case of data transfers to third countries that do not belong to the European Union or the European Economic Area, Casa Kalu will comply with the law, in particular as regards the suitability of the country of destination for the protection of personal data and the requirements applicable to such transfers, and personal data are not transferred to jurisdictions which do not provide security and protection guarantees.
- The use of Casa Kalu‘s social networks may involve data transmission to providers of social media services, which may be based outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. Casa Kalu is not responsible for the data that the user makes available on social networks.
Cookies are small text files of software that are stored in your computer through the browser, retaining only the information related to your preferences and as such, not including your personal data. Cookies are used to help determine the utility, interest and number of uses of our website, enabling faster and more efficient browsing, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
There are two groups of cookies that can be used:
- Permanent cookies – cookies that are stored in terms of the browser in your access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and which are used whenever you revisit our website. Generally, they are used to direct the browsing according to the user’s interests, enabling us to provide a more personalised service.
- Session cookies – are temporary cookies which remain in the archive of cookies of your browser until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies is used to analyse patterns of traffic on the web, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly necessary cookies – Enable us to browse the website and use its applications, as well as access the secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the requested services cannot be provided.
- Analytical cookies – Used anonymously for purposes of creation and analysis of statistics, in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functionality cookies – Keep the user’s preferences relative to the use of the website, so that it is not necessary to reconfigure the website each time it is visited.
- Third party cookies – Measure the success of applications and efficacy of third party advertising. They can also be used to personalise a widget with the user’s data.
- Advertising cookies – Direct the advertising according to the interests of each user, so as to direct advertising campaigns according to the users’ preferences as well as limiting the quantity of times you see the advertisement, helping to measure the efficacy of the advertising and the success of the website’s organisation.
All browsers enable the user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, namely through selection of the appropriate definitions, in the respective browser. Cookies can be configured on the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. However, it should be noted that deactivating cookies can prevent some web services from functioning correctly, partially or totally affecting website browsing.
For further information about cookies and their use, we suggest you consult the following link: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/